Forgive me friends. I’m totally not with the program today. No recipe! But, I have a long long list of things I totally intend to make in the near future. Perhaps you’d be interested in a sneak peak? My top ten I’m-going-to-make-this-really-really-soon-really–! list:
1. Kouign-Amann- Most a-may-zing breakfast pastry ever! I’ve been meaning to give them a try since my trip to Salt Lake, where I tried them for the first time.
2. Croissants- Does this really need an explanation?
3. Crab Wontons- Despite the fact I’ll have to fry them, yum.
4. Dim Sum: Spicy Pork Dumplings- Yeah, you know I totally have a whole lot-a wonton wrappers in my fridge right now.
5. Kimchi- I’ve been addicted since, well forever. I have a homemade batch in my fridge from my M-I-L’s friend’s grandmother that is the best I’ve ever eaten. Unfortunately, it has almost run out. Obviously I must decode this secret recipe so I can make it for myself any time the mood strikes.
6. Oven Brisket/ Brisket Stuffed Burgers- I think I’m missing summer food?
7. Meringues- Another thing I’ve been meaning to make forever but totally forgot about. However, I was browsing a back issue of Bon Appétit Magazine that has a recipe for Hazelnut Coffee Meringues. Needless to say I’ve been re-inspired.
8. Sun Dried Tomato, Rosemary, and Parmesan Focaccia- Again, I feel this needs no explanation.
9. Pork Roast in Mustard, Brown Sugar, and Whiskey- Got the idea from Provence 1970, one of the illustrious Chefs in the book had a recipe for such a dish, but no actual recipe was given in the book. Figure I can wing it, because how could that combo not turn out amazing?
10. Green Chili (and all the wonderful things a person could make with green chili)- Green Chili Mac and Cheese, Breakfast Burritos, Mexi Style Frittatas, Smothered Burritos, and so much more, could all be made if I got to work on a nice big batch of green chili.
So stay tuned. As John Pinette would have said, “Wait here, good things are coming.”