1 large bunch of asparagus washed ends removed and chopped in half
4–6 oz of Havarti cubed
A splash of water
1. In a large preferably high sided mixing bowl use an electric mixer to lightly cream the butter. Add all dry ingredients to the bowl. Very lightly blend butter and dry ingredients with the electric mixer.
2. Add the cream and blend until mixed using the electric mixer. Do not over mix.
3. Take the dough from the bowl and gently compact a ball. Tightly wrap ball in plastic wrap and place in the fridge to chill. Chill dough between 30 and 45 minutes before rolling out.
To Assemble Galette
1. Using a rolling pin roll the dough into a large circular shape. This doesn’t need to be perfectly round nor do the edges need to be neat, think rustic. Dough should be 1/8 inch or so when rolled out.
2. Transfer the sheet of dough to a parchment lined backing sheet. Fill the center of the dough with asparagus spears, layering as needed to keep a generally circular shape to the filling. Sprinkle the cheese cubes around the asparagus evenly. Lightly sprinkle sea salt and black pepper.
3. Fold the edges of the dough up around the filling leaving an open center. Be sure the edges of the dough are sealed together.
4. Whisk together egg and splash of water. Brush lightly on the outside of the galette crust, this will help browning.
5. Bake at 350* for 40-45 minutes until crust is golden brown. Serve hot.